The majority of homeowners do not give much thought to the parts of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or before it is time to buy a new one. To ensure you get the most use possible from this important appliance it can be very good to understand how a refrigerator keeps your food cold—and Elroy Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read below to learn all you need to know about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the time to connect with refrigerator repair CITY.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many homes that do not feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a standard household appliance for a lot of years now. A residential refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the optimal temperature, in order to prevent spoilage and stop the growth of bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by transferring the heat from the interior of the appliance to the outside, by using the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The parts of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Elroy Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a pump and motor, and it is necessary for the circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
The compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. You should call a professional service if the compressor isn’t working.
A refrigerator condenser is located on the rear outside panel of the refrigerator and will help to release the warmth absorbed from inside the refrigerator then out in the air.
The evaporator is stored in the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs the warmth contained within it, thereby reducing the interior temperature.
The moment an evaporator stops working, it is time to enlist a professional. Don’t wait until it’s too late.
Liquid coolant is carried within a capillary tube that works as an expansion tool to cool the gas inside, thereby turning it back into liquid.
The thermostat regulates the temperature inside a refrigerator, starting the cooling period as needed.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in CITY for service right after an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature within the refrigerator is above the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to start, and then the next cool down begins. The unit collects the cool liquid refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes it, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit pushes the heated gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the exterior of the refrigerator, at which point it comes in contact with the lower air temperature in the room and transforms to a liquified state.
3. The cooled liquid then continues on its trip towards the refrigerator evaporator component, finding its way through the coils within the appliance and top freezer section.
4. The coolant absorbs the heated air from the interior of the appliance, returning the temperature down to the best set point.
5. The coolant evaporates, and will return back to a gas, and returns to the compressor in order to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is found in many applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting heat from one area and then relocating it to somewhere else the cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling your house, provides a optimal environment for perishable food, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of many different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need service? Time to schedule repair with Elroy Appliance Repair.
Elroy Appliance Repair is able to fix almost all major brands and models of refrigerators – that includes industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our licensed repairman in CITY are trained to fix cooling problems, broken ice makers, issues with condensation, puddles of water and leaks, bulbs, digital panels, smart functionality and countless other problems. We everything about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2020  Elroy Appliance Repair